November 10th 9:00am-3:30pm
Registration is now Closed. Please keep us in mind for next year.
This year our outreach event will be held in collaboration with the University of Houston Downtown SWE Collegiate Chapter. Our goal is to introduce engineering design to 200 middle school and early high school girls by having them design, manufacture and test physical objects they create to learn that engineering is in their world everyday.
- Address: 151 Girard Street, Houston, Texas, 77001.
- Parking: At Visitor’s Garage or across the street.
- If you or your student/child is handicap please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will arrange alternative parking/drop-off.
- Volunteers will be at the garage and drop-off location to walk/guide people to the Welcome Center for Registration Check-In.
- We will send out updates if plans change.
- Additional details regarding parking to come.
- Time: Registration will be open from 8:30-9:00am
- Registration Check-In/Opening/Closing Ceremony: at Welcome Center
- Attendees will receive their program packet, T-Shirt and team assignment.
- Parent Educator Program (PEP) Attendees will split up from students to their own SWENext PEP program. Learning Objectives for PEP:
- Learn about engineering careers, scholarships, college admission and resources
- Network with SWE members as well as other parents and educators
- Participate in a panel discussion with select SWE members and outreach experts
- Complete a hands-on activity and learn best practices for doing engineering with girls